Position: Water Heater Installer
Location: Hamilton and Surrounding Area
Reports to: Operations Manager
Role Focus: You will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with customers as you professionally install equipment in their homes.
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each and every call; you are a proud ambassador for our company.
- Professionally install water heater and tankless equipment and accessory items in accordance with manufacturer specifications, local codes and company standards
- The replacement or repair of leaking water heaters, and maintenance of HVAC equipment
- Ensuring personal and customer safety
- Providing superior customer service (i.e. execution of “The Right Call” process)
- Creating positive customer relations through effective communication and problem solving
- Educating customers, providing options and making recommendations
- Actively participating in the training and mentoring of new installers
- Other duties, as assigned by management
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Must meet Company requirements with respect to general qualifications.
- Completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have a Gas Technician II license.
- Must have at least a Class G Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to work in Muskoka, Orillia and Huntsville regions
- Diagnostic and HVAC maintenance skills for residential equipment.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position,(i.e. frequent lifting of weight of 25 kg, occasionally up to 50kg, frequent bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working inside and outside in all types of weather within environments that can be dusty and/or slippery).
- In addition, ability to lift and maneuver water heaters with the assistance of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to understand/learn new technologies (i.e. Electronics/electricity).
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must have outstanding customer service and organizational skills.
- Very punctual and dependable.
- Maintain company vehicle to neat clean and safe standard (where applicable).
- Ability to take direction and work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with tankless and water heater installation.
- Must have some experience in sales and be able to consistently generate hvac leads and enroll customers in new service plans
- Be willing and able to work rotating shifts and standby duties as required, including weekends.
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates (if applicable). This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally .
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process .