Building Maintenance Coordinator
Job Classification Title BUILDING MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
Requisition # 2263184 X
Division Facilities Management
Section Facilities Operations
Work Location 65 FRONT ST W
Job Stream Buildings/Facility Operations
Job Type Permanent, Full-Time
Salary/Rate $39.84 / Hour
Hours of Work (bi-weekly) 80.00
Shift Information Rotating/Varying Shifts as Required, May Include 8 Hour Shifts Typically 07:00 - 15:30 (Days) or 15:00-23:30 (Afternoons) or 23:00 - 7:30 (Midnights); Weekend Shifts Are Typically Friday to Monday 10 Hour Shifts 08:00 - 18:30
Wage Grade 4327
Affiliation L416 Outside
Job Code (PSG) TW0078
Number of Positions Open 1
Posting Date 06-Feb-2017
Expiry date 21-Feb-2017
- Responsible for the cleaning, maintenance, repair and refurbishing of City buildings and parking lots.
- Prepares annual budget and monitors expenses throughout the year.
- Prepares specifications, sketches and quotations or tender documents, analyses submissions and makes recommendations for work to be done by contract.
- Supervises cleaning, maintenance, repair and mechanical contractors working in buildings. Inspects work and ensures completion.
- Directs and coordinates activities of maintenance and trade staff in the maintenance and general construction of City facilities.
- Prepares annual maintenance, repair and refurbishing programs and monitors building conditions to ensure that minor repairs and all safety related work are performed promptly.
- Responds to complaints and keeps a record of complaints and resolutions.
- Schedules work shifts, vacations and maintenance schedules.
- Coordinates the set-up of equipment for special events.
- Performs minor repairs using basic tools.
- Travels to various work locations.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Certification as an Engineering Technician / Technologist in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Several years' experience in office building repair, maintenance and refurbishing.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario, Class “G” Driver's Licence and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and requirements. Must be able to travel to different locations to perform building maintenance coordinator duties as assigned.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties.
You must also have:
- A proven ability to work in MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook.
- A proven ability to work effectively within given objectives and without constant supervision.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to foster and maintain good public relations and customer service with the general public and be able to communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
Work for the City you love
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture, and are proud to be the Host City for the 2017 Invictus Games. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Building Maintenance Coordinator within our Facilities Management Division.
How to Apply:
For more information on this and other opportunities with the City of Toronto, visit us online at www.toronto.ca/jobs. To apply online, submit your resume, quoting File #2263184 X, by Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.