Under the supervision of the Director of Business Development, as a Technical Sales Specialist, the incumbent will work primarily in Southwest / Central Ontario to assist new and existing customers with training, installation and after sales service. They will work close with our distributors and their customers, various HVAC Contractors in Ontario.
Description of main tasks :
- Maintain and reinforce the relationships with the staff from each branch of our distribution network;
- Assist HVAC Contractors with new installs and do the follow-up;
- Become the primary lead for technical support for distributors and HVAC Contractors based in the region;
- Provide product training to distributors and HVAC Contractors;
- Participate in after sales service;
- Participate in promotional programs and new product launches;
- Monitor the market concerning competition and customers’ needs;
- Analyze competitive products and selling techniques;
- Bring ideas and comments about the customers’ needs and participate in product improvement;
- Improve existing customer business;
- Develop a pipeline of future opportunities with distributors and HVAC Contractors.
- High school diploma (Mandatory);
- Diploma or Certificate relating to HVAC industry (an asset)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in installation or servicing or selling mechanical equipment;
- HVAC contractor experience, either working as an HVAC Install/Service Contractor or working with an HVAC Distribution company or HVAC Manufacturing company; (Mandatory)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in sales, accounts’ management and market development. (Nice to have)
Travel on a regular basis.
- Strong HVAC knowledge;
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite
- Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills;
- Take initiative with a solid work ethic;
- Exceptional communication skills, well developed listening skills,
- Ability to interpret business and/or client needs.
- Dynamic personality;
- Good presentation skills;
- Demonstrated sales success
- Autonomous, resourceful and honest