Senior HVAC Designer
The Senior (Residential) HVAC Designer will focus on reviewing, finishing and releasing design packages, in addition to providing professional ongoing customer service to our clients. The selected candidate will have at minimum five (5) years of experience providing HVAC design services to the public, will possess HRAI’s minimum requirements (RASDT Preferred), and will hold a BCIN Certification of HVAC House or Building Services.
We are offering a challenging and dynamic permanent opportunity within a growing company. This opportunity offers $20 to $30 per hour dependent on experience with negotiable health benefits. As our proprietary workflow software provides the benefit of virtual management, the selected candidate can work either within the Ottawa office or from a suitable home-based office. The work schedule is semi-flexible but will generally align with the hours of operation of our clients Monday to Friday.
Duties of the Senior HVAC Designer Include:
- Communicate effectively and professionally to a large network of customers, associates, and building officials
- Collect sufficient and pertinent information to execute a sound mechanical design
- Enter data into software to build an effective heat loss and gain report for proper equipment sizing and load allocation
- Effectively lay-out ‘cost-effective’ mechanical systems that are labor sensitive, unobtrusive, efficient, operate comfortably for the occupant and meets all building code standards
- Review, finish and release design packages within daily deadlines to ensure client construction timelines are met
Requirements of this Opportunity Include:
- At minimum five (5) years of proven experience providing HVAC design services to the public
- Must possess HRAI’s minimum requirements (RASDT Preferred) and hold a BCIN Certification of HVAC House or Building Services
- Must be capable of working independently as a contractor and comfortable releasing design packages under your own BCIN stamp
- Strong knowledge of timber frame structures, sheet metal fittings, duct installation and equipment venting
- Strong working knowledge of CSA F280-12, HRAI Digest, CSA F326, SB12-2017, ASHRAE 62.1 and most importantly OBC
- A strong competence of computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook); experience using Wrightsoft would be considered an asset
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated professionalism, client-focused, with a strong work ethic and a commitment to the success of our clients
- Process-oriented and the ability to thrive within a workflow whereby the design process is meticulously followed and attention to detail is second to none.
- An analytical mindset driven by a passion for HVAC delivering only effective and compliant designs to the marketplace
To be considered for this new and exciting Senior HVAC Designer opportunity, apply today!