VEHICLE HVAC MECHANICS
VARIOUS CARHOUSES AND GREENWOOD SHOP
RAIL CARS & SHOPS DEPARTMENT LOCAL 113, A.T.U. *FOR FUTURE REQUIREMENTS. VACANCIES ARE FOR TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT POSITIONS
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking Vehicle HVAC Mechanics for future requirements. This work involves various shifts and various off days with Sunday/Saturday as primary off days
- Performing inspections, cleaning, troubleshooting, testing, adjustments, maintenance, overhaul, repair and/or replacement of vehicle heating and air conditioning systems and related equipment on various types of revenue and non-revenue rail vehicles
- Performing inspections, modifications, adjustments or replacement of electrical and/or mechanical units and components on revenue and non-revenue rail vehicles
- Inspecting and maintaining the TR rail vehicle fire suppression system
- Performing repairs and completing projects on equipment located in the Shops
- Treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and/or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within your area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Possession of a valid Province of Ontario Certificate of Qualification for a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic (licence 313A) issued by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, normally obtained through completion of a Grade 12 education plus the successful completion of the apprenticeship program
- Requires a valid class G Province of Ontario driver’s licence
- Must pass tests set that correspond in knowledge, theory and practical requirements of the job
- Must enrol in and successfully complete the TTC’s Rail Technology program
- Successful candidates must attend and successfully complete training programs for forklift operation, lifting devices, safe use of hoists and overhead cranes, fall protection awareness, scaffold safety, spills training, WHMIS, Subway/SRT Rule book and ozone depletion (ODP/CFC) certification, Oxy-Acetylene torch awareness and brazing – torch, as scheduled by management
- Must keep up to date with the latest equipment in use on rail vehicles and with the latest testing and repair procedures and equipment
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
HOURLY WAGE RANGE: $29.67 - $38.51* (WAGE GROUP 11) – 40 HOUR WORK WEEK
*Plus a skilled trade premium of $0.75 per hour for all regular hours worked
Deadline to apply is May 25, 2017
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
For more details and how to apply, please visit our website at https://ttc.talentnest.com/en/posting/28459
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.