Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Controls Technicians
A seasoned technician, looking for a role where your expertise will be relied on to successfully set-up, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment, you will find an exciting opportunity in one of these 2 positions with the Peel District School Board’s Maintenance Services team.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the service and programming of all heating, ventilating and cooling related equipment. As a Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Controls Technician, your duties will include, but are not limited to, preventative maintenance to burners, general building automation systems and monitoring, general heating repairs and air conditioning systems repairs, and other duties, as assigned.
This role is ideal for independent, factory-trained technicians, who will be working out of the Peel District School Board’s North or South Maintenance Shops from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
A college diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Building Sciences, and seven (7) years’ experience (factory-trained) with Metasys Building Automation Systems or Invensys Building Automation Systems, have prepared you well for the role of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Controls Technician. In addition, you’ll put the following profile to work in carrying out your duties:
- Valid Fitter #1 Gas Licence.
- Valid 313A Refrigeration Licence.
- Good working knowledge of electrical/electronic wiring and controls, including B.A.S. systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot burners, including conducting efficiency analysis and set-up.
- A good working knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Valid Ontario driver's licence (Class G).
- A recent driver's abstract confirming a safe driving record upon offer of employment.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Working knowledge of computer systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, to work effectively with Board personnel and outside agencies.
The following strength will be considered an asset:
- Proof of apprenticeship in Ontario or equivalent.
To apply for the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Controls Technician positions, please complete an online application through www.applytoeducation.com. Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter, resume and supporting educational credentials. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, August 8, 2017.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 153,000 students in 253 schools.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.