Are you a leader in Procurement with 10+ years of experience and a Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)? Are you familiar with purchasing technology, purchasing plans and negotiating strategies?
Our manufacturing client in the West end is looking to bring on a full time Indirect Procurement Manager to join their growing team. Reporting to the Director of Procurement, the Indirect Procurement Manager will provide overall leadership and direction for the indirect procurement team who will own specific commodities.
The responsibilities of the Indirect Procurement Manager may include but are not limited to:
- Creating integrated processes among operations, purchasing and logistics and outside suppliers
- Performing strategic sourcing functions which include, issuance of contract, RFQs and RFPs, negotiations
- Continuous management of strategic supplier relationships
- Overseeing negotiations with financial and bid analysis
- Overseeing vendor performance
- Attending exhibits, conferences and demonstrations as required
- Periodic local travel is required
The ideal candidate sought for this position will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a procurement function who is an expert in procurement of direct materials. They will also have excellent verbal, written communication and decision making skills and who can perform well under pressure. ERP software knowledge is also a requirement. A CPSM designation is an asset.
This candidate must also have experience in recognizing business efficiencies, analyzing data and have ability to evaluate supplier performance. They must also have general purchasing terminology and negotiating strategies. Strong skills in computer applications, specifically in spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and data manipulation is a must have.
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in and you have the appropriate background, please email your resume to email@example.com referencing “Indirect Procurement Manager” in the subject line of your email.