Regional Service & Quality Manager
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic, talented and results-driven manager to play a high-impact role at Canada Post by providing regional leadership and expertise to Front Line Operators in the understanding and improvement of service and quality performance across all product lines. With a constant view to meeting national standards, you will contribute to national improvement initiatives by conducting, and reporting on, the root cause analysis of service issues, implementing compliance improvements, and monitoring performance to ensure results are achieved and sustained. As Regional Service and Quality Manager, you will also be called upon to promote the “One Company View” with Operations within the region, and work closely with peers in other regions as well as national Service and Quality managers to share information and leverage best practices.
As Manager, Regional Service and Quality, you will:
- Provide Service and Quality leadership and expertise to regional Operations to improve their understanding of issues and ensure service performance for the region meets or exceeds corporate targets
- Monitor daily Service and Quality metrics for sustained performance and update regional management
- Lead the regional Service and Quality team in the analysis of issues, identification of the root cause of problems, as well as the development and implementation of action plans to improve service and quality performance, and develop a regional summary of findings for use by regional management in decision-making
- Review and lead the implementation of the Service and Quality Service Improvement Plan (SIP) process in the region, and provide updates to national Service and Quality to maintain continuity of information and ongoing action
- Promote close collaboration across the Service and Quality organization to ensure a common understanding of priorities and issues, and optimize the consistent interpretation and application of tools and methods
- Provide coaching, interpretation and guidance to regional Operations management on Service and Quality issues, measurements and methodologies
- Act as the Service and Quality focal point in the region, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders to promote the effective resolution of problems and “doing it right the first time”
- Participate in the development and implementation of the national measurement strategy and make recommendations to the national Service and Quality team on the Service Improvement Plan process and Service and Quality planning
- Manage the team in a manner that promotes a culture focused on service, safety, quality, environmental stewardship and cost management
- Ensure the skills and capability development of team members with a view to strengthening performance and enhancing employee engagement and career progression.
Education and Work experience
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field of study (Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Sciences), preferred, or a combination of both experience and relevant professional development in Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) or data analysis
- 2+ years’ experience in Operations, ideally with exposure to team management
- Experience in Collection and Delivery, an asset
- Strong coaching, people management and performance management skills
- Team-building experience
- Proven ability in consulting and developing processes
- Sound judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Skill in planning and leading process improvement projects.
Note: As part of the selection process, selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
CAREERS THAT DELIVER
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Vacation and leave options
- Defined contribution component of the Canada Post Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
- Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
- You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions A strong community of employees
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
Apply for this job (Job ID J1016-0330) via the Canada Post Careers website by clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/2jgbH3c
Des renseignements en français sur ce poste (J1016-0330) sont disponibles en ligne à postescanada.ca/carrieres.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.