Our client, an independent global private equity and infrastructure manager and advisor located in Toronto, is seeking an Analyst, Investment Accounting to join their Private Equity Operations team. The Analyst, Investment Accounting, Private Equity will report to the Manager, Investment Accounting, Private Equity.
You will own a predefined portfolio of investments for which you will be responsible for performing daily, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc investment accounting activities including: investment capital calls and distributions, journal entries, quarterly valuations and new deal setups.
As part of the Investor Operations team, the Analyst, Investment Accounting, Private Equity plays a key role in the Investment Accounting group.
Specific responsibilities involved will include the following:
- Accountability for accuracy and timeliness of all investment accounting transactions related to a pre-defined Investment Portfolio. This portfolio will be diversified across the full scope of private equity assets that our client invests in, including a mix of buyout and venture capital fund managers spread across primary, secondary and co-investment transaction types
- Analyze and prepare all investment capital calls and distributions related to the Investment Portfolio
- Prepare journal entries for all investment accounting transactions
- Record quarterly valuation and foreign exchange entries related to the Investment Portfolio
- Reconcile quarterly fund manager reports to investment accounting records in Investran 7.0
- Perform fund manager audits of management fees and carried interest accruals to test for reasonability and accuracy
- Track fair value and cost basis of all underlying portfolio companies
- Compilation of the trial balances to assist the Manager of Investment Accounting with quarterly Financial Statements
- Create weekly activity report
- Setup new deals into Investran 7.0
- Work with the Treasury team to appropriately book and manage foreign exchange transactions
- Escalate complex accounting transactions to team leader for resolution
- Keep current on key activities within Investment Portfolio and support quarterly portfolio monitoring process
- Support on-going process improvement initiatives with fresh ideas and approaches
- Share and learn from best practices with other Investment Accounting professionals
- Support the annual audit, tax and other compliance reviews
- Accounting or Finance or equivalent degree
- 1 or more year of fund accounting/fund administration experience
- Professionalism and integrity
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Extremely organized and process-oriented, with an ability to handle a variety of tasks, work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability and proven ability to take initiative
- A team player with strong interpersonal and relationship skills; effective at building relationships across other business lines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare and present information in a comprehensive and informative manner
If you are looking for a fabulous opportunity to work for a leading independent global private equity and infrastructure manager, then email your resume to email@example.com quoting Analyst, Investment Accounting / 05090-0009330226 in the heading of your email.