Agricorp is looking for a Team Leader, Finance Operations to join the Finance department in the Corporate Services division. Agricorp’s Finance department is a dynamic team responsible for day-to-day financial operations, including treasury, investment, budgeting, reporting and financial analysis.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Team Leader will support and lead the Finance Operations team, which includes five employees in the areas of receivables and payables analysis and financial accounting. You will support the team in achieving exceptional customer service through efficient and effective performance of responsibilities. This includes proactive leadership within the team to execute work deliverables and promote an environment of professional excellence and continuous process improvement. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of end-to-end cash management processes
- Provide mentoring, training and performance reviews for team, set priorities and deadlines and guide staff development, and assist with recruitment of new staff as required
- Ensure the execution of responsibilities under Agricorp’s annual business calendar (ABC), ensure activities and reporting are appropriately aligned with ABC priorities, and develop key performance measures
- Coordinate team efforts and ensure work is completed accurately, within established timelines, and in adherence with Agricorp’s policies, procedures and standards as well as generally accepted professional standards
- Create, monitor and follow up on resolutions of exception reports used to manage team’s work, such as clearing accounts aging reports, cash flow forecasting, and customer account reconciliations, and conduct checks and balances for financial transactions, journal entries, and reports
- Research financial and accounting issues, investigate operational issues, and follow up on issues to ensure timely resolution
- Perform financial analysis to support resolution of complex customer-level transaction issues, document findings and provide prescriptive guidance to team members for resolution
- Support management by preparing and delivering relevant and meaningful information and analysis in response to ongoing information requirements and ad hoc requests
- Act as liaison between the team and other corporate functions and stakeholders to support effective and efficient business operations, issue resolution and customer service
- Conduct reviews of internal controls and processes, providing recommendations, and implementing improvements to promote effective and efficient processes
- Document and implement financial and operational workflows, processes and accounting models
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships across the organization and use knowledge expertise to promote financial understanding and influence internal and external outcomes
Job status: Permanent
- University degree in business, accounting, finance or equivalent
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or Certified General Accountant Designation required
- 2-3 years of relevant experience at the senior level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Supervisory or leadership experience, such as work direction, oversight, coaching, input into selection, performance management and staff development, an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics – Great Plains software an asset
- Experience with process and internal controls improvements an asset
- Technical/professional knowledge – understands and applies accounting and finance concepts and methodologies
- Leading Teams and Developing Talent – Leads and supports the performance of a team towards achieving excellent results; monitors progress, quality of work, sets clear expectations and accountabilities
- Achieving quality results – Focuses efforts on managing one’s self to achieve high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards and measures, while managing risk; delivers consistent, accurate and thorough work
- Analytical thinking – Interprets, links and analyzes information and situations by breaking them down into component parts and identifying patterns, connections and underlying issues
- Critical judgment, Decision Making and Problem Solving – Exercises sound judgement in new situations in the absence of specific guidelines and/or direction
- Planning and Organizing – Develops, implements, evaluates and adjusts plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources; able to multi-task and prioritize
- Initiative – Identifies and deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
- Creativity and innovation – Demonstrates curiosity, digging for information below the surface, questions conventional methodologies and creates new solutions or approaches to ongoing challenges.
To apply for this position, please go to www.agricorp.com and complete the online Application for Employment form.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.