Transfer Payment Coordinator
If you are looking for an opportunity to use your financial analysis skills to perform a variety of accounting and financial analysis activities, consider this position with the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines, where you will play a key role in support of transfer payment programs.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• coordinate the delivery of assigned transfer payment programs
• perform and coordinate financial analytical activities
• liaise with Legal Services and Controllership Branches to ensure accuracy of agreements
• process and monitor contribution agreements and payments to grant recipients
• develop and sustain positive business relationships with clients
• identify and recommend opportunities to streamline transfer payment process
How do I qualify?
Program deliverable knowledge:
• You have working knowledge of transfer payment processes, accounting guidelines, audits and budget procedures.
• You have the ability to interpret and apply legislation, policies, financial guidelines and directives relating to the delivery of programs (e.g. transfer payment agreements, etc.) to ensure proper processing of transfer payments and recoveries.
• You have working knowledge of aboriginal culture, community perspectives, protocols and political dynamics in Ontario and political acuity regarding relations between aboriginal and non-aboriginal people, governments and organizations.
• You have knowledge of financial analysis principles and practices to maintain an expenditure monitoring system and perform data analysis.
• You have knowledge of corporate financial systems (e.g. IFIS) to reconcile reports on payments processed and conduct analysis ensuring compliance.
Communications, interpersonal and relationship management skills:
• You have written communication skills to prepare financial reports and responses, summaries, and responses to financial queries.
• You have interpersonal skills to provide advice and guidance to peers and clients on ensuring compliance with transfer payment policies.
• You have the ability to build and maintain sound working relationships with external clients and stakeholders.
Project management and analytical skills:
• You have project management skills to plan, lead and produce timely and reliable results and manage conflicting deadlines.
• You can analyze financial information, interpret and explain analysis, identify and resolve inaccuracies, report on issues and trends and ensure appropriate control of expenditures for audit purposes.
• You are proficient in using financial based systems and report generation software to track and monitor financial reports.
• You can use personal computer and mainframe applications including spreadsheet, database and word processing applications.
Salary Range: $1,069.40 - $1,309.07 per week
1 Permanent, 933 Ramsey Lake Rd, Sudbury, North Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 110332, by Wednesday, August 9, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.