Under the direction of the Owners, the Project Accountant serves as a key point of contact for financial, accounting, production management and general administration duties.
- Day to day financial transactions recording
- All aspects of AR, AP, invoicing and billing
- Bank and various Account ReconciliationS
- Intercompany accounts reconciliation
- General ledger maintenance
- Preparation of staff payroll and monthly/yearly remittance/reporting utilizing Quickbooks
- Process payments and prepare year-end tax slips to subcontractors
- Preparation and tracking of all customer invoicing and payment applications
- Preparation and tracking of all inventory records
- Key role for Inventory count and COGS analysis
- Processing of WSIB and insurance payments
- Reconciliation for HST filing
- Preparation of year-end adjustment and financial package for external accountants
- Preparation of financial reports as required by management and other stakeholders
- General filing and other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years accounting and bookkeeping experience. Manufacturing/construction background considered an asset
- Minimum 2 years Quickbooks experience
- Advance skills in excel with intermediate skills in Microsoft office applications.
- Must have University Degree in accounting; CPA designation or final stages an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgement / discretion, and strong attention to details
- Good organizational, and time management skills