Senior Policy Analyst
Are you a financial professional with an interest in providing strategic oversight, senior-level financial analysis and advice, and managing policy issues related to financial reporting, consolidation and control? Then consider this exciting opportunity with the Issues Integration Unit, Office of the Provincial Controller Division in the Treasury Board Secretariat.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide expert advice to Treasury Board, ministries and agencies to resolve accounting and financial management policy issues related to reporting of financial information, consolidation and financial control
- develop and implement complex accounting policies, guidelines and related procedures for consolidation of financial statements
- coordinate and lead the implementation of revised Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) standards
- provide leadership in the research of accounting practices and standards in other jurisdictions
- promote policies and conduct related training to ensure understanding and compliance
- undertake special projects relating to emerging accounting/modern controllership matters
How do I qualify?
Accounting and Financial Expertise
- you have expert knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and audit standards, and accounting theories, principles and practices normally acquired through a professional designation or relevant experience
- you can provide expert advice and guidance relating to accounting standards, policies and practices
- you have proven ability to independently resolve complex consolidation and accrual accounting issues
- you understand government accounting and PSAB standards for government entities and principles of financial control
- you can interpret and apply legislation, including the Financial Administration Act
- you are proficient with computers, including Excel, Word and accounting systems
Leadership and Strategic Thinking Skills
- you have demonstrated leadership and project management skills to provide oversight and guidance for major, complex or sensitive initiatives
- you demonstrate strategic thinking skills, initiative and sound judgment to resolve issues and provide senior-level advice to facilitate informed decision making
Financial Reporting, Research and Analytical Skills
- you have demonstrated experience preparing and analyzing consolidated financial statements and reports
- you have proven ability to research, benchmark and evaluate complex financial information
- you have demonstrated ability to develop and modify accounting and financial reporting processes, systems and documentation
Relationship Management and Communication Skills
- you have strong relationship management and communication skills to establish and maintain a network of contacts, and work with professionals at all levels
- you have experience developing and delivering presentation materials to senior management and key stakeholders
- you have excellent written communication skills to prepare clear and concise documents and reports
Salary Range: $81,638 - $106,655 per year
- 1 Permanent, 7 Queens Park Cr, Toronto, Toronto Region
- Please note that this position is under review as part of the Management Job Evaluation Plan (MJEP) Project. MJEP is a new job evaluation system for manager and non-bargaining specialist positions in the Ontario Public Service.
Implementation of the new system may impact the classification and salary range for this position. Employees will be notified of any impact prior to implementation.
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, August 10, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 109246 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.