1 Full Time Position
File # 17-42
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is the statutory body responsible for regulating Ontario’s capital markets in accordance with the mandate established in the provincial Securities Act and the Commodity Futures Act. The Commission’s mandate is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in capital markets.
We offer a diverse, fair and flexible work environment and take pride in our challenging and rewarding work.
The Enforcement Branch supports the OSC in delivering fair, vigorous and timely enforcement. The Enforcement Branch investigates and litigates breaches of securities laws in Ontario. Staff works closely with other securities regulators, self-regulatory organizations and law-enforcement agencies to enhance initiatives to fight misconduct. A strong enforcement presence assists in protecting investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and fostering fair and efficient markets.
The OSC’s Office of the Whistleblower, launched in 2016, is a dedicated team housed within the Enforcement Branch to administer the OSC’s Whistleblower Program. The primary functions of the Office are to intake and triage whistleblower submissions and conduct outreach efforts to promote awareness of the Whistleblower Program.
The OSC is currently hiring for the newly created position of Manager, Office of the Whistleblower. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Manager is responsible for the leadership of the Office of the Whistleblower. The Office of the Whistleblower is a multi-disciplinary team comprised of professionals such as legal, forensic accounting, and investigatory specialised professionals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team in the co-ordination and conducting of review of whistleblower submissions into breaches of the Securities Act
- Manage the team in accordance with OSC operating policies and procedures relating to human resource management, financial planning and management, and business planning
- Make recommendations to the Deputy Director and Director, Enforcement pertaining to ongoing file matters
- Participate in OSC and CSA projects involving whistleblower issues
- Develop and manage relationships with other domestic and international securities commissions and regulators, security industry self-regulatory organizations, law enforcement and government agencies
- Reduce regulatory overlap and duplications, and share information in joint initiatives and investigations
- Participate as a speaker at various conferences and seminars
- Provide advice and guidance on whistleblower issues and various policy initiatives
- Post-graduate designation of CPA, L.L.B, or equivalent university degree
- Knowledge of US and Canadian securities regulation and law enforcement
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in securities regulation with a minimum of 5 years’ senior management experience
- Deep project / program development and leadership experience in areas such as investigations, policy, and/or regulatory
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess and evaluate risks within a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships, engage internal and external stakeholders and work effectively under pressure, handle change quickly and deal with competing priorities
- Strong people manager with superior coaching and mentoring skills to successfully lead and motivate a team of professionals
- Senior leadership presence – influencing, interpersonal, relationship, communication, presentation, and collaboration skills; Sets a good example and promotes positive team morale
- Demonstrated public speaking experience
- Experience with detection initiatives and analytics considered an asset
- Experience managing financial budgets and effective use of resources
- Highly developed emotional intelligence with ability to influence and impact stakeholders, anticipating and preparing for the reaction of others
- Understands the organizational impact of management decisions and adapts presentation style to persuade others toward a course of action
Offer of employment conditional subject to successful completion of security check.
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC.
Apply online at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca/en/47418.htm, by Wednesday, August 9, 2017.
The OSC is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Please go to Accessibility at the OSC to review the OSC’s policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace.