Office of the Provincial Controller is a key division of the Treasury Board Secretariat that ensures the effective financial management, accounting and control of programs, activities and resources of the Government of Ontario.
If you are a strategic thinking financial professional who can understand government financial management, and you are interested in providing senior level leadership and expertise for the development, implementation and maintenance of the province's internal control framework, then consider this challenging opportunity with the Financial Management and Control Policy Branch, Treasury Board Secretariat.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- lead the development, implementation and maintenance of corporate financial control framework and policies for the province
- work with and direct enterprise-wide partners in the development and monitoring of financial control performance measures to identify risks, trends, gaps and training requirements
- analyze, evaluate and recommend assurance and process/procedure improvements, and advise senior management on policy and control issues and implications
- lead inter-ministerial consultations and projects
How do I qualify?
- you have a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent university degree and related internal control experience
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- you have superior financial skills and knowledge to provide expertise, options and recommendations pertaining to internal control and assurance
- you have demonstrated experience in business process assessment, financial control standards and policy development
- you have knowledge of performance measurement development, monitoring and assessment techniques
- you can review/analyze business processes and policies, develop recommendations, and provide related advice
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- you are able to clearly describe issues and persuasively present recommendations
- you can work with a team of professionals to find innovative solutions to internal control and assurance issues
Leadership and Organizational Skills
- you have strong leadership, project management and organizational skills to coordinate/manage complex projects
- you demonstrate a high level of judgment and initiative in leading projects and dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- you have knowledge of financial management systems and related controls
- you are proficient with standard software and can provide support to web design and administration
Salary Range: $81,638 - $106,655 per year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 7 Queens Park Cr, Toronto, Toronto Region
- Please note that this position is under review as part of the Management Job Evaluation Plan (MJEP) Project. MJEP is a new job evaluation system for manager and non-bargaining specialist positions in the Ontario Public Service.
Implementation of the new system may impact the classification and salary range for this position. Employees will be notified of any impact prior to implementation.
Please apply online, only, by Monday, August 14, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 109647 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.