Senior Financial Analyst
Are you an experienced financial professional with financial planning, analytical and consultative skills? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity with the Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation, where you will provide specialized controllership expertise, leadership, advice, training and support in coordinating and conducting reviews of internal controls for financial and procurement practices.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• lead the implementation the Ontario Public Service (OPS) Internal Control and Enterprise Risk Management framework within the Ministry
• develop recommendations to streamline and improve financial controls, financial systems, recording and reporting for financial transactions
• evaluate changes in legislation, policies, programs and directives to determine financial, controllership and business practice implications
• provide analysis, strategic advice, and recommendations to program areas and senior management on controllership requirements, financial management policies and procedures
• provide briefings and presentations to senior management
• develop relationships with partners and stakeholders, and participate in committees and work groups
How do I qualify?
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
• You are able to analyze, develop and operationalize internal controls, and use risk assessment/risk measurement methodologies.
• You have effective analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct financial analyses and evaluate the business implications of priorities, strategies and directions.
• You have strong strategic planning and issues management skills to provide issues management, expert advice, and evidence based decision support to program areas and senior management.
• You can interpret and apply policies and procedures relating to the OPS Procurement, Transfer Payment directives.
• You can develop solutions and recommendations that are practical, cost-effective and operationally efficient.
Financial administration knowledge and skills:
• You have knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and practices: modern controllership principles, internal controls, audit techniques, risk assessment principles/techniques.
• You have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• You can interpret and apply financial policies, guideline and procedures.
• You can evaluate operations to ensure compliance with financial policies and best practices.
• You have experience leading complex procurement and tendering projects.
• You have knowledge of the COSO 2013 Internal Control Integrated Framework.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• You have proven communication skills to develop training materials, make presentations, and prepare and present specialized advice and recommendations, including briefing senior management.
• You can liaise with stakeholders, establish partnerships and maintain effective relationships.
• You have strong consultation and consensus building skills.
• You have demonstrated negotiation skills to provide analysis, strategic advice and recommendations.
• You are proficient with computers and software applications, including financial management and reporting systems, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation applications to conduct analysis, create reports, develop recommendations, prepare presentations and provide advice to program areas and senior management.
Salary Range: $64,434 - $92,846 per year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 160 Bloor St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Friday, August 11, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 110619 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.