This is a key leadership and support role, assisting in driving the expense management practise and framework across Sun Life including enhanced focus on expense trends, discipline and expense productivity. The expense management framework is integrated with our management business operating practices including multiple views/lenses on expenses and strong supporting control and governance framework. The role will also assist in advancing the monitoring, comparison and analysis of expense reporting/trends by Canadian Lifeco and Canadian Banking peers.
Reporting to the AVP, Corporate Expense Management, the Director, Expense Management is responsible for consolidated expense reporting for Strategic and Business plans, including Quarterly and Monthly actual reporting cycles. This role will partner with Business Groups and Corporate functions across the Sun Life global organization to meet the financial planning and management information needs of Executive Management to assist in understanding expense actuals/trends as well as achieving overall expense target results. The role also provides overall business management support, interacting with many levels, including senior management across the organization.
- Manage the consolidated enterprise expense management information and analysis for Plan cycles (Strategic Plan and Final Plan) as well as Quarterly and Monthly actual and forecast reporting cycles.
- Advance and promote the expense-reporting framework including key expense metrics, productivity savings and expense roll forwards, ensuring understanding and consistency of information.
- Continue to advance the integral monitoring, comparison and analysis of expense reporting related to benchmarking by Cdn lifeco peers and Cdn banking peers.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to finance staff within Corporate Expense Management with an emphasis on leading financial close cycles, implementing process improvement where required and providing focused talent management.
- Lead pro-active communication and influence across the expense management community to drive more consistent and collaborative practices
- Provide Corporate controllership and finance support for Corporate functions without direct Finance leaders, providing monthly/quarterly information and support during Budget process
- Establish strong and open relationships with key finance leaders and business partners within Corporate, Enterprise Services, Investments and all global Business Groups.
- Participate in projects/initiatives that require expense management input/guidance
- Strong financial management background with 5+ years of relevant experience in a finance leadership role
- CPA designation
- Experienced people manager with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to interact effectively with senior management – focus on providing the right level of information at different management levels
- Strong ability to be flexible and supportive of new approaches, changing priorities and timelines
- Attention to detail and accuracy at multiple layers in an expense management framework
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.