Financial Information System Consultant
Your solid foundation with modern controllership and your strong consultative abilities will make you the ideal candidate for this position in the Ministry of Transportation.
Working as part of a collaborative team that strives for continuous improvement, you will use your financial analysis and relationship building skills to provide expert advice and consultation to assigned clients.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will provide support for financial reporting and forecasting of the ministry's operating and capital budgets. You will do this by:
• Supporting the ministry forecasting processes throughout the financial planning cycle for monthly and in-year quarterly reports;
• Coordinating budgetary and accrual forecasts, including the calendarization of the ministry's annual budget;
• Identifying and analyzing savings opportunities and financial offsets/strategies to financial pressures;
• Developing options, financial risk management strategies and financial strategies;
• Providing accounting and financial advice and guidance to clients on policies, requirements, procedures, implementation of approved processes and the preparation of budgets;
• Providing accounting advice, business and financial analysis, and scenarios on the impact of decisions.
Location: St. Catharines
How do I qualify?
Financial and Accounting Expertise:
• You have knowledge and experience in modern controllership, forecasting theories, accounting principles and best practices.
• You have knowledge of hierarchical decision-making process to assist in preparing Central Agency submissions.
Interpersonal and Influencing Skills:
• You have demonstrated consulting skills to advise clients in areas of accounting, budget methodology, financial forecasting and planning.
• You have a strong client service orientation to provide direction, guidance and training to client areas.
• You have excellent communication and presentation skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
Analyzing and Problem Solving Abilities:
• You have research skills to identify and analyze accounting issues and savings opportunities
• You have analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate issues with potential impact and respond to issues.
Salary Range: $60,490 - $84,570 per year
- 1 Permanent, 301 St. Paul Street, St Catharines, West Region
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, August 17, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 109904 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.