Desjardins Capital Markets is currently seeking a Research Associate in the Financial Services sector for its Equity Research team inToronto. The associate will have an opportunity to work with an equity analyst on the publication of company and industry research reports and comments. This position offers the opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of the Financial Services sector and the institutional equity business.
- Develop an expertise in the Financial Services sector.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive company/industry specific financial and operational models.
- Help maintain and develop sector specific databases.
- Compile and evaluate industry information and research.
- Assist in generating company and industry research reports and comments.
- Provide analytical, quantitative and administrative support to the analyst as required.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, presentations and assignments as needed.
- Liaise with sales, trading and other areas of the firm.
- An undergraduate/graduate degree in business preferred and/or CFA, CA
- Previous experience in the Financial Services sector would be a definite asset
- Experienced in analyzing financial statements and creating financial models in Excel
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Bloomberg in addition to sourcing data from the internet
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and co-ordinate in a team environment
- Self-motivated, hardworking and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks concurrently
We thank all candidates who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Please apply online at; https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5981eea47ac3b304c5b018fd/51fc022058b70066fae49ea1/en