Robert Half Finance & Accounting is recruiting for an ambitious Controller to join a well-respected services company in Ottawa. This is a leadership role with responsibility over a small accounting and clerical department. The company provides competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and strong opportunity for career growth.
As the Controller, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff.
We are seeking someone who will motivate others by maintaining a positive, detail-oriented attitude; who is a honest, reliable leader; and who will offer remarkable client services, managing self and others with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also be expected to make key decisions and be able to challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a part of the leadership team, you will lead the generation of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and foster creativity throughout your area of responsibility.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
- Work closely with COO, executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
- Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings collections, and payroll
- Research, plan and implement Finance Department initiatives including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
- Perform tasks associated with month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations G/L analysis
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies.
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Solid understanding of financial analysis
- Proficiency in financial modeling
- International financial reporting standards experience
- Knowledge of financial planning
- Financial reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 5+ years as a Controller preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Always hold self and others accountable for results
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Implement and enforce high standards for quality deliverables
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Connect With Us Today:
If you are interested in this role, please call Tracy, Stuart or Daniel at (613) 236-4253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.