Business Manager and Comptroller
Are you looking for a challenging, interesting senior management position where you will use your business and financial acumen to provide strategic program leadership and comptrollership? Then consider joining our dynamic group in the Ministries of Community and Social Services and Children and Youth Services.
NOTE: The successful candidate may work from one of the following locations:
6733 Mississauga Road, Mississauga
17310 Yonge St, Newmarket
Frequent travel will be required between both locations.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide strategic leadership and comptrollership for the Region in the areas of financial planning and information management, business process development and oversight, compliance, service and financial resources, technology and administrative services, and help to build the region's capacity in business intelligence to support strategic decision making.
• Implement and manage the governance and accountability initiatives and controls, as they relate to the Region's business services.
• Manage a large service delivery operation providing business services to the Region and its clients.
• As a senior leader, participate as an active member of the Regional Management Team. This team has accountability for the overall management, objective setting and strategic planning in all areas of the Region's business.
• Assist, represent, and act on behalf of the Regional Director as required.
Location: Mississauga, Newmarket
How do I qualify?
Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Management
• You have sound knowledge and can apply the principles and practices of modern controllership and financial management, including planning, forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing financial information.
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, policies, and the approval processes for establishing governance, as well as for setting priorities, planning, allocating resources, program reporting, and ensuring accountability.
Leadership and Change Management Skills
• You have demonstrated that you can successfully lead, plan and successfully implement business related initiatives.
• You have the business acumen and judgment (such as political acuity) to understand implications of decisions and are able to anticipate issues and solve problems.
• You have strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking skills to anticipate evolving trends, develop long-term objectives and plans.
• You have knowledge of change management concepts with an ability to implement organizational change.
• You are an inclusive leader with a track record in leading a diverse staff group during a time of change.
Strategic Planning and Risk Management Skills
• You have knowledge and experience to interpret and recommend effective policy options to forward ministry priorities.
• You have highly developed strategic planning skills.
• You are able to apply risk management theories to practical management decision-making.
• You have strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking skills to anticipate current and evolving trends.
Communication and Relationship-Building Skills
• You have strong written and oral communication and demonstrated ability to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
• You can engage in effective consultation, negotiation and coaching with staff, clients and stakeholders.
• You demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• You have excellent team building skills and are able to build and maintain effective working relationships.
• You have experience using computer software such as spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications.
• You know how to use various information management systems (WIN, IFIS).
Salary Range: $89,382 - $117,444 per year
- 1 Permanent, 6733 Mississauga Rd Suite 200, Mississauga, Central Region or 17310 Yonge St, Newmarket, Central Region
- Frequent travel to between the Mississauga and Newmarket locations will be required.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 110443, by Wednesday, August 23, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.