The Accounting Manager / Supervisor will be reporting to the Director, Financial Services and will manage, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day activities performed by the Billing and Finance teams.
The Accounting Manager / Supervisor will expedite and formalize processes for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting client financial information; will provide guidance to refine and improve the company’s TPA Benefits service offering; and will perpetuate positive relationships with clients/insurers as the main point of contact for finance and billing issues for the TPA Benefits practice.
In managing the Billing and Finance department, the Accounting Manager / Supervisor will participate in management’s annual review process to ensure all team members progress and achieve set goals.
Key specific responsibilities involved for the Accounting Manager / Supervisor will be broken down into the following –
- Oversee the Billing and Finance teams daily operations and ensure that scheduled tasks run completely and successfully, including monitoring logs, status reports and promptly fixing issues;
- Manage and mentor a team of billing and finance individuals;
- Lead project initiatives through to completion while delegating tasks and coaching team members;
- Conduct Performance Evaluations set annual performance objectives;
- Ensure all team members understand and apply accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations; and
- Monitor appropriate staffing level while carrying out cross-training initiatives.
- Ensure the teams timely and accurate completion of all billing services rendered to all clients;
- Oversee rollout of Sage 300/ACCPAC for tracking and reporting of billing/collections cycle
- Establish billing and reporting arrangements for new clients;
- Maintain strong, positive relationships with, and ensure prompt response to, clients and insurers as their main point of contact for resolving billing issues;
- Review and approve documentation of billing and collection procedures and processes; and
- Manage, analyze and make recommendations for improvements to procedures and processes to mitigate errors, increase efficiency, and maximize the collection of accounts receivable.
- Set up financial reporting for new clients and ensure appropriate recognition of the different revenue streams;
- Maintain complete and accurate accounting records for Third Party Administration (TPA) services, Consulting services, and Disability Management services;
- Review and approve various financial reports including, but not limited to, bank reconciliations, premium remittances, TPA summaries, Administrative Services Only (ASO) reports, etc.;
- Maintain strong, positive relationships internally with other Supervisors and Department heads as their main point of contact to resolve finance issues and complete ad-hoc financial requests;
- Ensure prompt responses to internal and external inquiries to support rendering services to our clients;
- Support the internal and external audit processes as their main point of contact;
- Review and update documentation of financial reporting procedures and processes; and
- Manage, analyze and make recommendations for improvements to procedures and processes to mitigate errors and increase efficiency.
- Review and approve cash management transactions on a daily basis as well periodically review and approve various cash management reports and cash-in-trust reconciliations;
- Proactively research and implement automated processes to reduce manual processes and reliance on spreadsheets.
- Post-secondary education and successfully completed an accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA), or equivalent workplace experience;
- Five (5) or more years of experience in accounting including 3 or more years in a supervisory role;
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations;
- Experience in group benefits, third party administration;
- ACCPAC, Billing, Cash Flow Management, Cash Management, Financial Reporting, Sage FAS 123R, Management Reporting.
Connect With Us Today:
To discuss this full-time position in detail, connect today with Tracy, Stuart or Daniel at (613) 236-42053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.