OZZ Electric, one of the premier Electrical Contractors in Canada is seeking an energetic, career-minded Accounting Manager to join our team. This position will be based out of our Concord location.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day accounting operations, as well as auditing the company's financial plans and policies and accounting practices. The Accounting Manager is also responsible for the maintenance of its fiscal records, advising on tax matters and the preparation of financial reports. This position involves supervision over general accounting, project accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
Reporting to the Controller, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Completion of all financial information and schedules for individual corporate entities including monthly and year-end working files within deadlines established by the Controller. Such schedules include but no limited to:
- Work in progress Reports
- Job Costing Reports
- Reconciliation of Job Cost Revenues
- Job Close Reporting and Analysis
- Delay Claim Analysis and Schedules
- Oversee monthly divisional meetings for job cost budgeting, planning and actual job/project performance.
- Oversee the preparation of all job costing reports for management’s monthly job cost meetings.
- Oversee delay claim data and work with the delay claim department to meet company goals.
- Analysis of job costing budgets using current, historical and projected revenues and expenses. Understanding of costs to complete and action plans. Monitor actual performance against budget. Identify reasons for variances, issues and trends. Propose recommendations to resolve or mitigate negative performance and trends
- Act as liaison with operational divisions, providing the respective Project Managers with information (both financial and non-financial) to assist them in managing their projects for budgeting and job cost planning.
- Working closely and cooperatively with colleagues and business unit managers to ensure adherence to all accounting and finance policies and procedures.
- Accumulate, interpret and analyze job cost data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Initiate, prepare and provide ad-hoc reporting/analysis and research to assist business decision-making.
- Maintenance of accurate and reliable accounting information for individual business units and corporate entities in a timely manner in order to meet reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate year-end audit file preparation and assist in other regulatory audits with external auditors with respect to job costing.
- Any other duties as may be required to meet Company objectives.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- CPA designation is a requirement.
- Minimum (7) years’ experience in a senior level accounting position.
- Sound knowledge and experience of Canadian GAAP accounting (financial & management), financial planning, budgeting & forecasting and financial reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records, pension, profit sharing, etc.
- Experience in the Construction industry preferred.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Advanced proficiency with Jonas accounting software preferred.
Key Characteristics and Abilities:
- High level of organization skills (High volume environment).
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to handle late payments and delinquent accounts.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted