This is a regular full time position located at Shawcor's corporate offices located at 25 Bethridge Rd, Etobicoke, Ontario.
The responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Manage company-wide implementation of new accounting standards or changes to all existing accounting standards (i.e. Such as IFRS 15, IFRS 16, IFRS 9);
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual corporate consolidations process for all divisions and prepare quarterly and annual consolidated financials.
- Prepare all external financial disclosure including: consolidated financial statements and accompanying notes; the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A); and the Press Release
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and accompanying notes of wholly owned subsidiaries for statutory purposes.
- Liaise with external auditors on matters pertaining to audited consolidated financial statements and other disclosure reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual Board of Directors package and monthly management reports
- Lead and develop a team of 3 professional accountants and be available to act as an internal consultant to divisional controllers;
- Research and define financial reporting and disclosure and disclosure requirements
- Conduct technical accounting research as required and prepare accounting policy position papers and technical research memos to assist in developing accounting treatments for technical or complex issues.
- Maintain the consolidation hierarchy structures in Khalix to account for new entities and corporate restructurings;
- Perform bill 198 reviews as required for various accounting functions and cycles;
- Special projects as required (provide data information on a regular basis for senior management)
- Over–time during Quarterly and Year–End reporting periods is required.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPEREINCE:
The qualifications, skills and experience we will be looking for are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce Accounting
- Certified as a CPA, CA
- Minimum 5-10 years of post qualification experience
- Advanced financial reporting and accounting knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of IFRS
- Experienced in preparing consolidated financial statements for large companies
- Must be proficient with managing large-scale consolidation issues
- Knowledge of income tax and Khalix / Longview / Hyperion would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience dealing with complex accounting issues
- Strong problem solving and time management skills are a must