Are you a CPA/CA with at least a few years at a Managerial level? Are you looking for an opportunity to be a key member of the finance team but have great work life balance and work with a fantastic group of people? Our client in the technology space located in the North York area is looking to add a Controller to their team and this could be the ideal role for you!
This position reports to the Director of Finance and oversees all financial reporting processes to support the publicly-listed parent company’s reporting requirements, the legal entity financial statements, and coordinates the external audit. This role is also the primary contact for accounting policy and revenue recognition, and is expected to utilize strong technical knowledge and business acumen to provide accounting guidance to the field with a focus on practical and sound business solutions
- Ownership of the month-end close process - ensure timely and accurate reporting of Canada’s financial results and submissions to Corporate. Includes ad hoc support for Corporate inquiries for quarter-end and year-end closes.
- Oversight for Oracle General Ledger and processing of system feeds, utilizing strong system skills to support the General Ledger team and work with Information Management and Finance to identify solutions to system/process issues as they arise.
- Support the implementation and enforcement of Corporate accounting policies in Canada by advising internal customers including Finance, Admin and Supply Chain.
- Manage a team of talented and engaged professionals, providing training, mentoring, timely feedback and support on an ongoing basis.
- CPA, CA Designation with 3+ years managerial experience at Big 4 audit firm or equivalent experience in industry. US GAAP, revenue recognition and leasing industry experience would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with demonstrated experience of leading and motivating high performing talent.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain accounting rules and influence those without a technical accounting background.
- Quick learner, analytical thinker and ability to think on their feet to problem solve and apply professional judgment based on facts and circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to drive improvements and efficiencies
- Well-established world-wide, large company
- Positive work environment
- Very competitive benefits
If you have the necessary skills and background for this role, please submit your resume in confidence to Mitch Goldstein at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job #23544.
If you are already registered with The Mason Group, please contact your Recruiting Consultant directly.
While we appreciate your interest in this role, please note that only those whose qualifications meet our client’s requirements will be contacted. For a full listing of all our current opportunities that we are recruiting for, visit us at www.masongroup.ca
As the leading search firm in the GTA that specializes in accounting and finance, The Mason Group is committed to delivering on the needs of our candidates and clients and exceeding their expectations. With this in mind, we have assembled the finest team of recruiters that possess the perfect blend of tenured expertise and experience, enabling us to secure the best career opportunities for our candidates and provide the best talent for our clients.