CAMH Foundation is currently seeking a Financial Accountant to fulfill a 16 month contract, beginning Sept. 1, 2017.
The Financial Accountant oversees and ensures the integrity and accuracy of the financial systems and related financial reporting for CAMH by providing high level accounting support to CAMH, ensuring accuracy of accounts and financial reporting, building and sustaining the financial capacity of CAMHF to drive sustainable growth that supports achievement of ambitious goals.
- Be responsible for the integrity of the accounting system by ensuring that accounting transactions are correctly posted and financial and management reports are produced on a timely basis.
- Manage the accounts payable process such as approving invoices, checking that the correct process was followed and that the correct accounts and appeals were used.
- Generate monthly financial statements and related analysis, including trial balance, revenue and expense statement, disbursement reports, fund balance reports, balance sheet and associated reconciliations (payroll).
- Liaise with CAMH finance to complete a reconciliation of the Operating Expenses.
- Prepare the monthly management reports and investigate variances with department leaders.
- Assist in any training and day-to-day questions for the operating bank reconciliation.
- Liaise with fundraising teams to ensure correct coding and supply relevant analysis.
- Advise and update the Director on any irregularities or concerns about invoices or any other financial matters.
- Liaise with the bank, daily online checking of the bank accounts, as well as, manage the external accounts linked to our operating bank account
- Ensure integrity and maintenance of the computerized financial accounting system.
- Constantly monitor procedures and processes for good internal control and efficiency.
- Complete monthly closing processes for the general ledgers.
- Prepare any reports relating to the ownership of the Lottery Bank Account for Alcohol and Gaming Commission.
- Be responsible for the proper use of the Moneris Machines held by CAMHF, as well as, helping with any financial assistance for events
- Assist with financial reporting to CAMH.
- Assist the Director of Finance with preparation of year end audit working papers, financial statements and other year end audit procedures as required.
- Reconcile Monthly Investment account.
- Complete quarterly Harmonized sales tax return for CAMHF.
- Prepare financial analyses on ad-hoc projects as required by management
- Meet with all new staff regarding the policies and procedures for expenses to be submitted to Finance.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Post-secondary education – Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Working towards CGA or CMA designation with experience in fund accounting.
- 5 years’ experience in financial accounting, at least 2 years of which should be in the not-for-profit sector. A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient in the use of all corporate productivity tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and Financial Edge (or similar financial accounting software).
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization / members of the public, customer/donor focused.
- Ability to work independently using an above average level of initiative, highly organized; takes initiative / self-starter; detailed oriented.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively on a variety of priority projects with competing deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
LIVING the VALUES
CAMH Foundation has adopted four core organizational values that guide how we achieve our goals. Every staff member is responsible for carrying out their role in accordance with our values and behaviours.
Make A Difference
- Strive to create change in mental health.
- Take time regularly to share inspiring stories related to our work.
- Align on overarching purpose/vision.
- Live our values in the service of our mission.
- Maintain clarity of direction
- Define/achieve long-term goals.
- Contribute with drive, ensure results.
- Partner with stakeholders, in particular donors and hospital staff.
- Be respectful/supportive of one another.
- Encourage different points of view.
- Engage with an appreciation for one another’s point of view.
- Ask questions, listen and seek to understand.
- Treat one another with the same care deserved by those we serve.
- Provide timely, constructive feedback.
- Trust the thoughtful exercise of judgement
- Contribute to a positive environment.
- Share information/keep others informed.
- Think of implications for others.
- Explain rationale for decisions.
- Be accessible.
- Collaborate across teams.
- Take responsibility for making things work.
- Act with energy to get results.
- Focus on our collective performance.
- Trust people will get it done right.
- Go beyond filing issues and be solutions-oriented.
- Recognize one another’s contribution.
- Define clear roles/expectations.
- Empower one another with accountability.
- Optimize resources with effective processes.
- Commit to professionalism/excellence.
- Seek feedback to enhance how we support one another.
Learn and Innovate
- Learn and coach people around you.
- Voice constructive criticism and stay open to feedback.
- Keep challenging/investing in people.
- Stay open to new ideas.
- Ask for their help when needed.
- Be ready to support colleagues.
- Respect ability to challenge.
- Interact with energy and humour.
- Acknowledge and learn from mistakes.
- Impart knowledge as part of work.
- Drive positive change with courage.
- Be creative, innovate and seek new ways to conduct business.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Please enter “Response to HR” in the subject line of your email.
CAMH Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CAMH has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date Aug. 23, 2017