Are you ready to put your accounting, analytical and interpersonal skills to work for the children of Ontario?
If so, consider this challenging opportunity with the Ministry of Education, where you will provide information, clarification and advice on various funding policies, procedures and regulations under the Education Act.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• work with local school boards and schools to provide guidance in the preparation of financial documents
• monitor and report on compliance with funding policies
• analyze and calculate the legislative and grants payable to school boards
• participate in various accountability activities undertaken by the ministry
• maintain an accurate mainframe database
• conduct audits
• compile and analyze financial statistics
• make recommendations to improve financial management systems and procedures
How do I qualify?
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
• You have analytical skills to assess financial data to identify budget variances.
• You have analytical skills to interpret and apply legislation related to elementary and secondary school education.
• You have problem-solving skills to resolve financial issues using sound judgement.
• You have experience applying accounting and audit principles and practices.
• You have experience conducting compliance audits and financial reviews to consolidate findings and produce reports.
• You can make sure that financial reports adhere to relevant policies and procedures.
Communication and computer skills:
• You have oral communication skills to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
• You have written communication skills to prepare reports, briefing notes and ministerial correspondence.
• You have interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• You are proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Other important skills:
• You have project leadership skills to co-ordinate and organize work priorities.
• You have information management skills to ensure the integrity of financial data.
Salary: $1,366.82 - $1,754.98 per week
- 2 Permanent, 900 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with the possibility of extension), 900 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, August 30, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 109687 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.