We are in search of 2 highly skilled Employer Relations Officers on a full-time, 6 - 8 month contract basis, to evaluate all experience reports submitted by CPA students through the profession’s online Practical Experience Reporting Tool (PERT), partner with organizations to set up approved student training programs, support and review existing pre-approved programs as well as plan and execute projects that may be provincial and/or national in scope.
The Employer Relations team is responsible for the assessment of all practical experience obtained by CPA students. Students can obtain this experience from one of two routes – Experience Verification or Pre-approved Programs. The team partners with any organization (firms, corporations, government) interested in having specific positions pre-approved as meeting the profession’s requirements.
*** Please note that these are not Human Resources positions ***
- Evaluate CPA Ontario Student experience reports
- Partner with organizations to set up pre-approved student training programs
- Create/maintain strong relationships with key employers
- Monitor/review pre-approved programs
- Lead and implement projects
- Must be a CPA in good standing with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Previous experience working in a public accounting and/or corporate/government environment is required
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and negotiating skills required
- A proven customer service mindset is required
- Strong computer skills are required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to plan, organize, implement and execute projects
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet competing deadlines is required
- Demonstrated attention to detail and use of critical thinking and judgment is required
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Solid understanding of the practical experience standards, policies and practices, as well as how all experience information should be captured in PERT by stakeholders, is an asset
How to apply?
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume online via www.cpaontario.ca/join-our-team
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.