Payroll Administrator (Contract)
Human Resources Branch – Toronto, ON
DO YOU VALUE INTEGRITY, SENSE OF COMMUNITY AND EXCELLENCE? If yes, then join the Human Resources Branch at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
- As a Payroll Administrator, you will demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and independence
- You will ensure adherence to established policies and practices
- You will follow guidelines to safeguard and/or disclose information, as appropriate
- You will act professionally at all times when clarifying information, resolving issues or providing advice
SUPPORT OUR COMMUNITY
- You will apply your expertise of payroll processes, practices, procedures, and methods to an assigned client group
- You will apply your knowledge of all facets of the pay and benefit administration, including data entry, payroll processing, maintaining benefits and pension enrolment, and attendance management
- You will be responsible for the calculation of severance entitlements, preparation of ROEs, and departmental audits
- You will ensure the consistent interpretation and application of policies, guidelines and directives
DEMONSTRATE YOUR EXCELLENCE
- Complementing your experience in payroll administration, you possess superior mathematical and problem-solving skills
- You possess comprehensive knowledge of theory, standards, and practical applications of payroll processes
- You have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and can operate proficiently in an integrated HRIS environment
- Your in-depth knowledge of and experience with year-end processes and general ledger postings will help you to thrive in this fast-paced environment
- You are well-versed in working with policies, collective agreements and related legislation
- You have proven ability to multitask and organize work to meet competing deadlines and a sound knowledge of reference methods and resources
EXPECTATIONS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Contract: 12-month contract
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
Salary Range Minimum: $44,108 per annum
The Office of the Assembly is the administrative arm of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario (www.ontla.on.ca). Our mandate is to provide non-partisan support services to all Members of Provincial Parliament.
To become relentless in the pursuit of impartial, innovative and collaborative support to Ontario’s parliament, please visit us at http://www.ontla.on.ca/lao/en/office-of-the-assembly/employment/ to apply for this position. File No: LA-2017-59 Closing Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario is an inclusive employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.