Annex Business Media is Canada’s largest B2B media company. We believe that our values and unique culture are a cornerstone of our success and why we consistently outperform the industry.
Key to our continued growth and performance will be finding a dynamic VP Finance & Administration to lead our finance, accounting and payroll team. As a member of the Senior Management Team you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the finance and administrative functions of Annex Business Media are best in class. You will be comfortable operating at both the strategic and operational level.
What you will do:
- Lead and deliver our finance, payroll and office administrations services
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Play a key role in the strategic planning process
- Work with the CEO and COO to create annual budgets, periodic forecasts and multi-year business plans
- Support the CEO on M&A activities and other special projects
- Manage cash flow planning, forecasting and monthly reporting
- Develop and implement proactive dashboards, metrics and measurements for ongoing reporting throughout operations
- Oversee the planning and preparation of our annual audit, tax filing and government funding programs
- Work with our CEO and COO to manage relationships with our banks, customers, suppliers, landlord and other commercial agreements
- Provide business insights and financial advice to CEO and other members of the Senior Management Team
- Work closely with our Values Team on compensation, bonus and profit sharing plans and administration
What the right candidate will look like:
- You are a designated CPA (CMA, CA) with minimum of 10 years experience
- You love to analyze and constructively challenge your colleagues. You are able to clearly communicate and advocate your positions
- You are a leader who enjoys growing and developing those around you and one who values team success
- You are curious by nature, highly organized, and a strong project manager
- You enjoy the challenge of being a thought-leader, bringing best practices to the table and continuously improving performance and results
As part of our growing team, you’ll enjoy the progressive benefits, competitive salary, and variable compensation you’d expect from a media innovator and Canadian success story. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas including continuing education opportunities.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume, indicating why you are the best candidate for the job, to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is August 25, 2017