Are you a dynamic leader who can inspire staff to perform in a fast-paced environment? The Community Services Audit Service Team is looking for a Senior Audit Manager who can provide proactive leadership in the development and implementation of a strategic audit, consulting and advisory plan for a broad range of highly complex and diverse audits. To learn more, read below about this challenging opportunity with the Treasury Board Secretariat.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Senior Audit Manager, you will:
• provide timely advice and recommendations to senior management of the auditee and Ontario Internal Audit Division (OIAD) regarding the functioning, adequacy and effectiveness of the organization's control strategies, structures and systems
• lead, coach, motivate and manage the audit team
• plan, lead and deliver a wide range of complex audits (e.g. value for money, facilitated risk assessments, information management/technology, forensic)
• introduce and support innovative approaches to current audit best practices, working with the team to document new policies and practices as required
• manage relationships and networks with clients, ministry management and cluster colleagues to ensure audits are completed in a timely and effective manner
How do I qualify?
Management and Leadership Skills
• You have proven managerial and leadership skills to recruit, supervise and provide direction to staff.
• You are strategic in your human resources leadership and management practices.
• You have experience in successfully leading priority initiatives that support the achievement of goals.
• You can foster an inclusive environment to support and strengthen employee engagement, and promote innovation and creativity in a team environment.
• You are a creative and innovative leader who can adapt quickly to changing situations, and utilize new approaches and best practices.
• You have demonstrated senior level experience in audit planning and management of complex and diverse audits.
• You have experience working effectively and providing service excellence in a senior audit manager capacity.
• You have expert knowledge of and experience with internal auditing, accounting and risk management standards, principles, practices and methodologies.
• You have experience providing strategic advice and expertise to management in auditing and business management principles and practices.
• You are able to plan, manage and provide consultation and leadership for the development of a strategic audit.
• You have knowledge of business and audit-related software and computer applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, e-mail and database applications) to extract and analyze information.
Communication and Relationship Management Skills
• You have demonstrated client relationship management, consulting and negotiation skills.
• You have demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• You have experience developing work plans, and preparing briefing notes, issues analyses and reports.
Project and Change Management Skills
• You have had proven success in directing and managing large change management initiatives and responding to changing and diverse stakeholder needs.
• You have experience in successfully leading complex change initiatives by developing, coordinating and managing program strategies.
• You have knowledge of project management methodology.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You have well-developed analytical skills to review processes, identify opportunities for improvement and resolve issues.
• You have demonstrated experience resolving conflict and issues related to audits.
Salary Range: $81,638 - $106,655 per year
- 1 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- Please note that this position is under review as part of the Management Job Evaluation Plan (MJEP) Project. MJEP is a new job evaluation system for manager and non-bargaining specialist positions in the Ontario Public Service.
Implementation of the new system may impact the classification and salary range for this position. Employees will be notified of any impact prior to implementation.
Please apply online, only, by Friday, September 1, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 111080 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.