Are you looking for the next big challenge in your career? Our client, a growing, name brand organization is currently recruiting a Director, Internal Audit. This role will be responsible for spearheading and implementing the Internal Audit function. The role reports to the Audit Committee Chair, with dotted line reporting to the CFO. With prior experience within a public company, the right candidate will be relied upon to…
- Identify, understand, and assist in documenting processes and procedures surrounding internal controls. Continually monitor and update the assessment of the control environment, keeping current with significant control issues, trends and developments.
- Develop test plans and coordinate the performance of management testing of internal controls required by regulatory requirements.
- Review and assess the implementation of new controls as necessary.
- Coordinate activities with external auditors to support their audit and review procedures.
- Review finance department business processes and suggest ways to improve such processes.
- Hire, train and mentor internal audit staff
- University degree in Business/Accounting/ Finance
- Previous experience as a Director of Internal Audit
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and Certified Internal Audit (CIA) designations required
- 10+ years of professional financial management experience
- Experience working in international, publicly traded companies as well as retail/consumer markets sector companies
- Strong IT skills and ERP systems knowledge
If you have the necessary skills and background for this role, please submit your resume in confidence to Alex Barker at email@example.com, quoting job #23576.