Our client, a Canadian steel manufacturing company with a legacy that spans over 100 years, has been recently acquired and looking to aggressively grow. They are looking for a strong, results-driven and highly-motivated self-starter who is very analytical and has excellent interpersonal skills. This role will be overseeing and managing audit support, IFRS compliance, internal controls, corporate accounting, and financial reporting and safety compliance. This position works with all levels within the enterprise. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
- Minimum of 6 years of professional accounting experience within public accounting.
- CPA Designation
- Strong IFRS technical accounting skills as evidenced by excellent research and documentation skills supporting accounting positions
- Prior tax, technical accounting and/or audit experience is preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to question and challenge status quo to drive efficiencies and identify opportunities to enhance profitability
- Ability to adapt communication style and work through resistance to influence positive results
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment with great autonomy
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within tight deadlines while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player who is willing to conduct other duties as required to support the broader team
If you have the necessary skills and background for this role, please submit your resume in confidence to Jas Grewal at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job #23593.
If you are already registered with The Mason Group, please contact your Recruiting Consultant directly.
While we appreciate your interest in this role, please note that only those whose qualifications meet our client’s requirements will be contacted. For a full listing of all our current opportunities that we are recruiting for, visit us at www.masongroup.ca
As the leading search firm in the GTA that specializes in accounting and finance, The Mason Group is committed to delivering on the needs of our candidates and clients and exceeding their expectations. With this in mind, we have assembled the finest team of recruiters that possess the perfect blend of tenured expertise and experience, enabling us to secure the best career opportunities for our candidates and provide the best talent for our clients.