Typical duties of the Senior Internal Auditor:
- Performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan.
- Developing the internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures and preparing internal audit reports.
- Covering functional and operating units with a focus on operational processes.
- Directing and reviewing the work performed by other internal audit personnel, including resources from the co-sourcing firm
- Applying knowledge of internal control concepts and experience to planning, performing, managing and reporting on the evaluation of various business processes, areas and functions
- Performing follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues
- Assisting in internal audit management and the development of the annual internal audit plan
- Supervising internal audit staff
- Five (5) or more years of public accounting, finance and/or private industry experience.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas is required, as is comprehension of internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and risk-assessment practices.
- Knowledge of International Financial reporting Standards (IFRS) is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance followed by professional certification such as a chartered accountant (CA), certified general accountant (CGA), certified internal auditor (CIA) or certified management accountant (CMA).
- Strong project management abilities as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Senior internal auditors are expected to work independently with limited direction and guidance, and interact with senior management at all levels of the organization.
If you have a keen interest in this role, connect with Daniel, Stuart or Tracy today at 613-236-4253 or email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.