Senior Corporate Accountant, Real Estate
Our client, a real estate asset management organization with properties across North America is seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant to join their team in Toronto. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Corporate Accountant is responsible for the financial operations of various entities and responsible for providing accurate information, including analysis of variances to budget, managing cash flows and assisting with the preparation of financial statements and reports to management.
- Assist with managing accounting operations, including detailed review of junior accountants’ work;
- Detailed review of the monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each property;
- Detailed review of monthly cash distributions from the property managers to ensure accuracy;
- Preparation of reports of performance against budgets and the analysis of budget variances;
- Work with external auditors, including the preparation of audit working papers and financial statements;
- Preparation of information to assist with the quarterly financial statements and MD&A;
- Responsible for managing cash flow, including converting USD funds to CDN, and payment of distributions and mortgages;
- Responsible for complex reconciliations and accounting treatments in accordance with IFRS; and
- Responsible for preparing journal entries to account for acquisitions and dispositions of properties, refinancing of mortgages, etc.
The qualified candidate will possess a University degree in Business/Accounting and professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA is preferred or having completed all requirements with the exception of practical work experience for the CPA program); 4 to 5 years’ experience in property accounting; experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms; management/supervisory experience, and ability to teach staff who are working towards obtaining the CPA designation. The successful candidate will have strong organizational, analytical and time management skills, be detail oriented, self-motivated/directed and resourceful.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “#900CPA - Senior Corporate Accountant, Real Estate” in the subject line. Thank you for your interest in the role, only qualified candidates will be contacted.