Invites applications for the position of
EXEMPT LEVEL 7C - $76,493 – $94,189 per annum
Under the direction of the Coordinating Manager of Budget and Audit Services, the Budget Specialist will provide comprehensive expertise in the Budget development, reporting and updating process.
In addition, the Budget Specialist coordinates, and prepares the Board’s Annual Operating Budget as well as prepares interim financial status reporting.
- Lead the coordination, preparation and submission of the Board’s annual operating budget (Revenues and Expenses) in collaboration with various departments and Senior Administration.
- Coordinate and prepare reports for the Board’s multi-year operating budgets, ensuring compliance with the Ministry of Education, Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB), and other regulatory financial reporting requirements and timelines.
- Oversee, coordinate and prepare year end, interim and ad hoc financial reports as well as develop and maintain forecasting and modelling tools.
- Develop, maintain, recommend and implement improvements to budget processes for the operating and multi-year budget, including the budget information request process and associated forms.
- Evaluate budget requests analyzing specific programs, functional areas and perform regular analysis of expenditures for specified fund centres to identify areas of risk and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain data sources for use in Business Intelligence (BI) reporting and analytic tools as well as assist in the development, update and implementation of Business Intelligence training module for central staff and deliver training sessions as required.
- Update and maintain SAP system tables as well as coordinate system configuration changes and upgrades that include system testing and revising associated processes.
- Provide financial support and direction to departments related to budgets as well as investigate and process adjustments for posting errors as required.
- Lead or participate in Budget and Audit project initiatives related to the preparation of project plans, researching, documenting and implementing budget reporting process and procedure enhancements to meet the needs of the Board.
- Apply subject expertise to identify and implement strategic process improvements to support the activities of Finance Services and the Board’s strategic directions and priorities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance
- Professional designation of a CMA, CGA, CA or equivalent
- 3 to 4 years of previous experience
- Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) standards and Ministry of Education compliance requirements will be an asset
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated advanced level expertise with computerized financial systems, spreadsheet (Excel) and database (or Access) software
- Ability to communicate information of a complex financial nature to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency with SAP applications and/or Microsoft Power BI will be an asset
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" (criminal record check) prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us prior to the posting closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
Interested applicants may apply until the close of business on September 20, 2017
Please click on the link below to apply: