If financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting expertise is among your talents, consider this opportunity with the Financial Management Branch, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, where you will provide financial reporting and controllership services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Your role will include:
- Providing financial forecasting, analysis, tracking and reporting services in support of budget development and control
- Conducting financial reporting aggregation, including the collection and analysis of financial information
- Monitoring clients' financial practices and assessing compliance with government directives, policies and procedures
- Performing financial monitoring and controllership to ensure spending is within approved allocations
- Identifying financial issues and pressures, and providing advice and recommendations to management
- Preparing a variety of financial and analytical reports.
Location: North York
How do I qualify?
Financial Knowledge and Skills:
- You have demonstrable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial practices
- You have demonstrated experience providing financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reconciliation
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Oral and written communication skills to provide financial advice and clear, concise and accurate information to management
- Oral communication skills to address queries
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to advise program managers on accounting matters, convey issues and liaise with stakeholders to resolve financial issues
- Communication skills to present training and communication materials to team members
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
Strategic Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to assess financial information and provide recommendations to senior management
- Demonstrated analytical skills to review financial information and problem-solving skills to advise on problems/issues/options
Project Management Skills:
- You have project management skills to participate on special projects and focus groups
- You are competent with financial systems to conduct financial analysis and reporting
- You have proficiency in wording processing, spreadsheet and common applications to prepare a variety of financial documents, and training and communication materials
Salary Range: $60,490 - $84,570 per year
- 1 Permanent, 5700 Yonge St, North York, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, September 7, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 111157 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.