Peerage Capital is a private investment firm that specializes in partnering with outstanding management teams to accelerate growth and profitability. We passionately believe that the ultimate differentiator in building successful businesses is Talent. At Peerage Capital, we believe that your success is our success. We are very spirited on building possibilities and expanding your opportunity in career growth.
We are looking for a Corporate Tax Analyst to join a dynamic growing team of professionals in a collaborative fast-paced environment. The successful candidate should be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks at any given time while meeting tight deadlines. He/ she will be working closely with the Corporate Controller and Corporate Development Analyst.
- Prepare and file a large number of Canadian corporate and partnership tax returns
- Filing monthly Canadian sales tax returns - provincial and federal
- Develop and manage sales tax self-assessments
- Remaining up to date on changes in tax legislation and present recommended courses of action
- Preparation of annual withholding tax filings in Canada (NR4, T4As, etc.)
- Providing support for Canadian external and internal audits
- Assist with special projects as required, including:
- Researching tax issues and presenting recommendations;
- Corresponding with Federal and Provincial tax authorities as required, including the preparation of responses to audit information requests.
- Other administrative duties when needed
- Professional accounting designation required: CPA or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with corporate and partnership tax
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Advanced knowledge of TaxPrep
- Knowledge of U.S. tax an asset
- Must possess a keen attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and business acumen
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and résumé referencing ‘Corporate Tax Analyst’ in confidence to Fiona Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peerage Capital is an equal employer. All positions require a background check, including but not limited to criminal and credit checks.