Director of Finance
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
If you’re a dynamic leader with significant experience delivering superior financial planning, reports, compliance and systems management within a foundation or the not-for-profit sector, bring your expertise to a world-class cancer research team in Toronto, ON.
The mission of the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation (PMCF) is to raise and steward the funds necessary for breakthrough research, compassionate care, and exemplary teaching at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, one of the top 5 Cancer Research Centres in the world. Their collective vision is to “Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime.” Working together with health care and research professionals, patients, volunteers, and the community, the Foundation raised over $100 million in the last year. PMCF began raising funds for cancer research in 1982, and since then has raised well over $1 billion to achieve its vision.
PMCF is seeking an experienced leader with a proven track record of creating and maintaining high-performing teams. As Director of Finance – Grants and Investments, you will be an integral member of the senior management team for the Foundation, and work in a dynamic environment to deliver results in a timely and efficient manner.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer of the Foundation, you will:
- Support the VP Finance and CFO, and manage a team of staff that performs the Foundation’s granting and investment accounting
- Manage all internal and external financial reporting and compliance related to grants and investments
- Ensure effective cash flow planning, and the effective, efficient management of financial systems
- Be responsible for the timely, accurate completion of audits related to grants, investments and funds
- Provide support for Board Committees, senior volunteers and other senior management, as requested
- Assume cross-functional and other responsibilities consistent with such a position
Your duties and responsibilities will also extend to the American Friends of UHN (AFUHN), as PMCF currently provides financial management support for AFUHN.
The Director of Finance – Grants and Investments we seek will have an impressive profile that includes the following highlights:
- A recognized professional accounting designation – CPA (CGA, CMA, CA)
- Master in Business Administration, preferred
- Ten (10) years’ related experience in a similar foundation, health care, educational or not-for-profit organization
- Proven success in managing accounting, financial reporting and budgeting functions
- Project management and special project management experience
- Experience interacting with, and presenting to, senior management and Board Committees
- A proven track record of creating and maintaining high-performing teams
- Exceptional service orientation and strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem recognition and creative problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to take initiative and embrace challenges
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft applications, and sound knowledge of computer-based systems for budgeting and management reporting
- Excellent mentoring and team-building skills
- Demonstrated coordination, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
Amazing People. Amazing the World.
At University Health Network (UHN), which consists of Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect. To find out more about UHN, visit us online at www.uhn.ca
If you’d like to be considered for this key mandate as Director of Finance, please apply online, quoting vacancy #809907, at
University Health Network thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.