This Tax Specialist opportunity is with a large stable and growing service organization located in Mississauga. The role will be responsible for tax compliance work as well as associated reporting requirements. In addition, the focus of the role will also be to minimize taxes payable while being compliant with accounting principles and legislated statutes.
- Responsible for corporate income tax filings and preparation of monthly tax provisions
- Prepare monthly HST tax returns
- Prepares all working papers to support tax filings
- Ensures compliance with tax legislation and monitors tax legislation
- Provides support and tax analysis for financial statement and management reporting
- Prepares tax budgets & forecasts
- Researches tax issues, tax planning opportunities and legislative developments.
- Provides tax expertise with respect to new strategic initiatives
- CMA/CGA/CA/CPA designation
- CICA in-depth tax course is strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years in directly dealing primarily with corporate taxation (income, commodity)
- Technically strong in tax accounting and/or reporting and in-depth knowledge of the Income Tax Act
- Proficiency in Tax Software
If you have the necessary skills and background for this role, please submit your resume in confidence to Carmela Tersigni at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job #23583.
If you are already registered with The Mason Group, please contact your Recruiting Consultant directly.
While we appreciate your interest in this role, please note that only those whose qualifications meet our client’s requirements will be contacted. For a full listing of all our current opportunities that we are recruiting for, visit us at www.masongroup.ca
As the leading search firm in the GTA that specializes in accounting and finance, The Mason Group is committed to delivering on the needs of our candidates and clients and exceeding their expectations. With this in mind, we have assembled the finest team of recruiters that possess the perfect blend of tenured expertise and experience, enabling us to secure the best career opportunities for our candidates and provide the best talent for our clients.