As the Manager, Finance you will provide leadership in the day-to-day financial activities of Ontario Soccer and its subsidiaries, including all accounting responsibilities and related internal controls, detailed financial reporting, budget preparation and forecasting, human resource administration including payroll and group benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day cash flow, banking, investment and accounting activities
- Supervise accounts receivable and accounts payable clerks and related accounting functions
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and forecasting packages including variance analyses between budget, actual and prior year for review by supervisor and team managers
- Develop annual budget criteria and lead the annual budget process
- Prepare full set of annual year-end working papers for review by supervisor prior to external audit and manage external audit
- Administer payroll, group benefit and human resources activities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support to Ontario Soccer’s financial management
- Manage day to day cash flow, banking and accounting activities
- To research and recommend investment opportunities for excess cash
- To supervise accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and related staff
- To implement collection procedures
- To review all edit journals and ensure appropriateness of allocations
- To post all journals to the general ledger monthly
- To prepare monthly and other periodic journal entries as required
- To maintain general ledger account coding and set-up of general ledger architecture in a manner that will lead to informative reports for departmental and corporate decision-making
- To prepare monthly and quarterly reporting and forecasting packages including variance analyses between budget, actual and prior for review by supervisor.
- To prepare and review departmental reporting packages with supervisor, and distribute and review with departmental managers
- To prepare a full set of detailed annual year-end working papers in support of the annual financial statements for review by supervisor prior to annual external audit.
- To manage the external audit process and maintain liaison with auditors
- To develop annual budget criteria and lead the annual budget process across the organization
- To ensure that the final approved budget is properly entered into the accounting package
- To administer payroll, group benefits and human resource activities
- To undertake other duties as required, that may be necessary for the successful execution of the responsibilities of this position.
This is a full time permanent position with a competitive compensation package and requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a management level, detailed knowledge of ACCPAC 6.0, knowledge of financial reporting and practices in the Not-For-Profit arena, experience in development of budget models, knowledge in salary administration and payroll. This position interacts with all parts of the organization within the office and throughout the province and requires an outgoing personality in addition to technical skills.
Please submit your cover letter and resume (with Manager, Finance as the subject) to:
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 8, 2017 at 5:00 pm
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Ontario Soccer is inviting applications for the contract for term position of Coordinator, Events.