This position reports to the Omnicom Media Group Canada Chief Financial Officer.
Key Role Attributes
As a critical member of the financial management team of the Canadian region this position includes the following responsibilities:
- Analysis and review of operating unit financial and operational performance, annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts. Participate in reporting entity and Canadian regional operational and financial results to Omnicom Media Group and our corporate parent Omnicom Group Inc.
- Work with the Canadian CEO and CFO and the management teams of a number of businesses within the region to advance the business objectives of the organization.
- Enhance the flow of information and the systems, data, and analysis used to support decision-making and drive value across organization.
- Legal agreement /contract review and related contract negotiations.
- Aid in accomplishing other corporate finance and operational matters including client compensation proposals, assessment of potential business ventures (acquisitions, joint-ventures, new product/service development, etc.), internal controls/SOX compliance and various special projects from time to time.
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Must have Big 4 Accounting Firm experience, at least 10+ years overall work experience;
- Individual must be a team player, inquisitive, a strategic and critical thinker able to think “big-picture” as well as focus on details, someone who works smart but has willingness to “roll-up the sleeves”, comfortable working in dynamic environment;
- Must possess very strong communication skills written, verbal, and visual.
- Able to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary role (i.e. working with operational management, tax, legal, HR, treasury, IT, accounting/finance)
- Must be willing to work in a multi-national environment which can be demanding at times; and be comfortable interacting with all levels of personnel across the organization;
- Solid accounting knowledge and competency in properly researching accounting issues;
- CPA (not necessary to be active);
- Strong spreadsheet skills, Hyperion experience is beneficial;
- Marketing & Communications Services / Media and Advertising industry experience preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion
PHD Canada is committed to having a workplace that respects diversity and inclusion as reflected in the various designated groups. This respect must be demonstrated by our team members, our leadership, our client services and within our employment practices and relationships with all stakeholders.