Senior Financial Business Analyst
Are you an accounting professional with an interest in the analysis and development of financial reporting and controls? Then consider this challenging opportunity with the Treasury Board Secretariat’s Operations Control and Management Reporting Branch in the Office of the Provincial Controller Division.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide senior level advice and expertise to support the Ontario Budget, the Public Accounts and the Annual Report of the province
- develop and maintain accounting processes, related controls and policies
- provide leadership and direction for data control and input into databases and systems
- coordinate the preparation of financial reporting and presentation materials
- make recommendations to resolve complex accounting, process and systems issues
How do I qualify?
- you have expert knowledge and understanding of accounting theories/principles/practices, normally acquired through a professional accounting designation or relevant education and experience
- you have expert knowledge of consolidation accounting, modern controllership, financial management framework, and financial reporting standards for public sector organizations
- you have experience working with large scale computerized financial systems (e.g. Oracle Financials)
- you are proficient with spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software
Communication and Advisory Skills
- you have excellent communication skills to provide advice to a range of contacts and assist with briefing sessions for government officials
- you can discuss business processes and financial reporting requirements, ensuring information about the impact of decisions is clearly relayed
- you can work with sensitive and confidential information
- you can prepare and present financial statements, reports and presentation and training materials
Analytical, Strategic Thinking and Issues Management Skills
- you have strong analytical, strategic thinking, decision-making and issues management skills
- you demonstrate a high level of judgment to recommend changes, propose solutions and ensure compliance with reporting requirements
Leadership and Project Management Skills
- you have demonstrated leadership, initiative and teamwork skills to provide technical and policy guidance to a team of professionals and senior management staff
- you can effectively lead or participate on several concurrent projects
Salary Range: $81,638 - $106,655 per year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 7 Queens Park Cr, Toronto, Toronto Region
- Please note that this position is under review as part of the Management Job Evaluation Plan (MJEP) Project. MJEP is a new job evaluation system for manager and non-bargaining specialist positions in the Ontario Public Service.
Implementation of the new system may impact the classification and salary range for this position. Employees will be notified of any impact prior to implementation.
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, September 3, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 110258 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.