Finance Reporting Officer
Are you a detail-oriented accounting and finance professional with a focus on accuracy and compliance in all your undertakings? Can you see yourself as a vital contributor of the Finance Support Services team in ensuring sound financial reporting? If so, the Peel District School Board wants you on board.
Reporting to the Revenue Manager, you’ll be accountable for the review, detailed analysis and tracking of all Special Grants received by the Peel District School Board, to ensure that Coordinators are on track with spending. Your accounting and auditing background will be evident as you ensure that transactions are properly recorded and reported in accordance with current accounting guidelines, provide financial analysis of revenue accounts for management, and reconcile both revenue and deferred-revenue accounts.
As a Finance Reporting Officer, you’ll be known for providing reports that are well supported by detailed analysis and documentation, for being ready to assist in preparing revenue projections for estimates and revised estimates for ministry reporting purposes, and for participating actively in interim and year-end audits – from preparing audit working papers to performing specified analysis for external auditors.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Finance Reporting Officer, you will put into practice your knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) accounting standards, Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Canadian Auditing Standards. You will also be able to draw upon your:
- Post-secondary degree in business, accounting or finance, or equivalent education
- Finalist-level courses, or above, towards obtaining a professional Accounting designation, i.e., CPA (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Three (3) to five (5) years of accounting and auditing experience, preferably in the public sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy of results and reporting
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and FIS
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet timelines
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
Knowledge of VISTA and PAM would be considered an asset.
Salary: $65,525 - $81,906 per annum
To apply for the position of Finance Reporting Officer, please complete an online application through www.applytoeducation.com. Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter, resume and supporting educational credentials. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 153,000 students in 253 schools.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.