Audit Project Manager
Are you an audit professional who thrives in an exciting and fast-paced environment? Showcase your project management skills in one of these opportunities with the Ontario Internal Audit Division, Treasury Board Secretariat.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a member of the Corporate Financial Assurance Audit Service Team, you will:
• provide recommendations to senior management about the functioning, adequacy and effectiveness of the organizational control strategies, structures and systems
• ensure the integrity of financial reporting and identify any gaps and deficiencies
• provide project leadership and coaching to audit staff
• manage all phases of an audit, including audit methodology, scope, required resources, terms of reference and work plans
• manage relationships and networks with clients, the senior management team and other stakeholders
• contribute to continuous improvement within the branch by conducting quality assurance activities
How do I qualify?
Audit Knowledge and Skills
• you have advanced knowledge of audit methodology
• you have experience in auditing, business risk management, internal controls and governance
• you have knowledge of current standards relating to internal controls over financial reporting and compliance objectives
• you have experience in managing or conducting multiple complex audits simultaneously
• you have knowledge of innovative approaches to conducting audits
Communication and Presentation Skills
• you can ensure reports are clear and concise
• you can effectively communicate important issues to clients
• you have demonstrated experience in preparing audit reports, recommendations, briefing materials, issues analysis and responses, and other materials using word processing and presentation software
Project Management, Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
• you can adapt to changing priorities and circumstances, and meet deadlines
• you can manage concurrent projects within budget
• you can motivate and coach staff
• you can build and maintain effective working relationships with clients and stakeholders
• you can network with senior management and colleagues
Analytical, Problem Solving and Computer Skills
• you can analyze processes and identify opportunities for improvement in a multi-dimensional environment
• you have experience in data extraction and analysis of information using spreadsheet and data extraction software
• you have demonstrated experience using audit software and MS Office programs
Salary Range: $69,496 - $102,408 per year
- 1 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 111135, by Monday, September 18, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.