Invites applications for the position of
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Salary: Commensurate with Broader Public Sector Executive Compensation Framework outcomes
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible to the Board of Trustees through the Director of Education. The successful candidate will maintain responsibility for the strategic leadership of all finance-related departments and functions. The York Catholic District School Board has an annual operating budget of $660.9 million and serves approximately 55,000 students from JK to Grade 12 in 87 elementary schools and 16 secondary schools.
- Provide ongoing strategic leadership in the finance-related departments which include Accounting, Payroll, Benefits, Budget, Audit and Purchasing.
- Influence the development and formation of Board policy.
- Ensure that quality assurance and appropriate accountability measures are in place.
- Support the mission, vision, core values and strategic commitments of the Board.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the preservation and strengthening of publicly funded Catholic education.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8-10 years of proven leadership experience in large, complex, public and/or private organizations.
- Undergraduate university degree and a professional accounting designation (CPA).
- Ontario Business Supervisory Officer Certificate or a commitment to obtain one within two years in accordance with Ministry of Education requirements.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and sustain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical skills and a high degree of business acumen.
- Politically astute with the ability to influence and advance agendas that are aligned with the Board’s multi-year strategic plan.
Interested applicants may apply until the close of business on September 22, 2017.
Please click on the link to apply https://goo.gl/7u7uF5
Inquiries about the position may be directed to (905) 713-1211 ext. 13813.
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (criminal record check) prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us prior to the posting closing date if you require accommodation at any time through the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.