Do you have procurement expertise and are skilled at providing advisory services? If so, consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs / Ministry of Housing, Controllership and Financial Planning Branch as Procurement Advisor.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide advisory services and support to the ministry's program areas on the procurement of goods and services;
• provide strategic procurement planning and support procurement reviews and reporting;
• facilitate and foster effective relationships with key stakeholders;
• participate in meeting procurement planning and reporting requirements.
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of procurement best practices and relevant laws and regulations; and to provide advice and support to ministry program areas on the purchasing and contracting of goods and services.
• You can assist in ensuring adherence to effective and efficient procurement processes and practices.
• You have experience with suppliers' issues and constraints to provide customer-focused procurement advice.
• You have the ability to acquire knowledge of products and services to plan procurement initiatives that respond to needs and issues.
Consultative and communication skills:
• You have advisory, consultation and persuasion skills to advise and inform ministry clients about the best suited procurement strategy, and to influence clients and stakeholders into taking alternative responses to procurement issues.
• You can build and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and external suppliers.
• You can advise ministry clients on procurement matters, provide client-focused services, and resolve issues with suppliers.
• You can prepare and advise on the preparation of procurement business cases, correspondence, reports, and briefings.
• You can analyze ministry client requirements, assess procurement strategies, interpret procurement policies, and assess business risks of procurement plans.
• You can identify and resolve problems, and identify possible business improvement opportunities.
• You have computer skills with standard technology such as MS Office and internet to conduct standard office business activities such as presentations, briefing notes and spreadsheet reports.
Salary Range: $64,434 - $92,846 per year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 9 months (with possibility of extension), 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, September 19, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 111167 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.