Canadian Stage, one of Canada’s leading professional non-profit theatres, is searching for an Intermediate Accountant. Reporting to the Controller, the Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for the sales and accounts receivable journals, accrued receivables, deferred revenue, account analysis and reconciliation, monthly HST remittance, month end journal entries, distribution of monthly revenue reports, preparation of annual lead sheets for external auditors, and various accounting and administrative tasks related to the timely preparation of month end financial statements, reconciliations and reports.
- Prepare sales journal from AUDIENCE VIEW application for input into TRAVERSE
- Reconcile sales with cash receipts and prepare cash flow on a daily basis
- Reconcile FOH concession sales and handling FOH cash on a weekly basis
- Prepare and post cash receipts
- Prepare rental and co-production settlements , negotiate with thirty party if any disputes arise
- Prepare CIF and Royalty payment
- Prepare regular invoices and maintain accounts receivable and collections
- Monitor sales orders entered into AudienceView and follow up with Box office and Development department on a timely basis
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedules and record monthly depreciation journal
- Provide key account reconciliation and ongoing analysis
- Managing of monthly transaction processing
- HST, NRT, and other government reporting
- Preparation & managing of monthly reporting tasks
- Monthly forecasting
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation of monthly Financial Statements for management and Board of Directors
- Act as the immediate support to the Controller
- Provide backup to Payroll and Accounts Payable function and banking as required
- Provide accounting/analysis support for Year End financials preparation and Audit
- Search for continuous improvement opportunities in the recording of all financial information and it’s reporting and presentation
- Participate in weekly departmental planning and strategy meetings
- Other duties as required
- At least 5 years progressive financial experience; demonstrated technical proficiency and analytical ability – EXCEL experience mandatory
- Experience in NFP accounting
- Accounts receivable and contract reconciliation experience
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office products
- Experience in software integration and upgrade
Ideal Personal Qualities
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Outstanding communications and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- An ability to work independently, meet deadlines and multi-task under pressure in a fast-paced environment as a dynamic and supportive team member
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment of artists, producers, creative and management teams.
- A passion for the performing arts and the desire to be part of a vibrant Canadian contemporary theatre company
Please apply in confidence with a Letter of Interest and resume by email to Sandra Cesario, Controller, . Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. Please note “Intermediate Accountant” as the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.
Canadian Stage welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.