ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Accerta is seeking to recruit an Accounting Clerk. This permanent full-time position will start immediately.
The Accounting Clerk reports to the Director of Finance. The Accounting Clerk will have responsibility for completing various accounting functions for ACCERTA and will support the Director of Finance with tasks as required.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Month end invoice entries and other entries as required
- Preparation and maintenance of prepaid schedule and related entries
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations to ensure entries are booked to correct General Ledger accounts.
- Process accounts payable invoices, ensuring appropriate approvals of invoices and outgoing vendor cheques
- Monitor accounts receivable and follow up on past due client invoices
- Assist with month end close and reporting
- Monthly preparation and remittance of HST, RST and Income Tax
- Monthly preparation of BMO Margin Documentation
- Assist with the annual external audit and any deficiencies arising from the annual audit
- Process improvement of current accounting functions
- Other Ad hoc requests as required
- University undergraduate or college degree in Finance or Accounting
- Accounting Designation (CPA, CMA / CPA, CGA) completed or in progress is considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years of experience with full cycle accounting
- Minimum 3 years of experience with financial analysis and/or reporting
- Great Plains experience would be an considered asset
- Experience using financial modelling (BI) software would be considered an asset
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Solid understanding of Financial Accounting concepts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Ability to manage and establish priorities and manage tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Consultants – Auditors, Tax Specialists, Systems (IT)
- Ontario Dental Association (ODA) (Shareholder)
- Vendors (Invoicing)
- Plan Sponsors (AR & Collections)
HOW TO APPLY
The successful candidate will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.