Status: Full Time
Hours: 35 hours/week
Range of Pay: $33.17
The Senior Accounting Clerk/Coordinator is the subject matter expert in the accounting processes, information, applications and client service.
The Senior Accounting Clerk/Coordinator’s responsibilities include the following:
- Providing functional guidance to 6 full-time and 1 part-time support staff in the Accounting Services department including troubleshooting issues for Non-Student FASTAR Invoicing, College’s various payment collection systems (i.e.CORE Cashiering, E-Register, E-Ply, AIMS, CALE, Ticketpro, HONK, OneCard), Banner AR and AP, Intellecheck, Evisions, FAST General Ledger and Purchasing Card systems
- Providing functional guidance to International staff members regarding banking issues and wire payments
- Providing functional guidance to bookstore accounts payable, troubleshooting AP, purchasing ghost card and month end issues.
- Primary bank contact for various daily banking activities including wire transfers, security setup for on-line banking, and uploading files to bank (Positive Payee and EFT payments),
- Analyzing and reconciling the College’s main bank accounts (Canadian and US)
- Approving accounts payable and bookstore payable cheque batches up to $14,999
- Approving accounts receivable invoicing and debit/credit adjustment batches up to $14,999 initiated by the Senior Accounts Receivable Clerk.
- Approval of weekly cheque registers
- Approval of journal vouchers created by Bookstore and Accounting Staff
- Maintenance of the Accounts Payable commodity tax tables
- Determination of appropriate action and assisting staff to resolve discrepancies in the CORE cashiering system, Banner Accounts Payable modules, Non-Student FASTAR, Purchasing Card and closing of AR Banner payfiles
- Recommending and developing procedures and testing scenarios for new Accounts Payable, Banking, on-line payment, purchasing card or CORE cashiering initiatives
- Setup and maintenance associated with CORE Cashiering Software Administrator tasks
- College-wide cashier training, communication of safe cash handling procedures and co-ordination of daily deposits to bank
- Reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of various journal vouchers related to daily banking activity, HST, balance sheet accounts, miscellaneous corrections
- Preparation of monthly HST returns for the College and Foundation
- Preparation of daily cash available report
- Preparation of quarterly Accounting stats
- Administration of College’s Purchasing Card program
- Administration of PCI compliance training
- Monthly Operating Statement expense variance analysis
- Other duties as assigned by Manager, Accounting Services
The successful applicant will possess:
- 3 year diploma / degree plus certification in Accounting and working towards a professional accounting designation (such as CPA).
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience with an integrated financial information system utilizing the general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable modules.
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience with accounts payable and accounts receivable practices and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years practical experience with bank reconciliation duties.
- Minimum 3 years practical experience with general accounting duties.
To be compliant with the Acceptance of Payment Card Policy and PCI Requirements, this position is required to provide a Police Check prior to the commencement of employment.
Please apply online at: